Wednesday 2 May 2007

Introduction - Rooksmoor's Lead Tablets

In Roman times people would write curses or prayers on small pieces of lead, fold them over and throw them into sacred pools. This is a concept I always found appealing. In the past I used to write such things in letters to friends, but now in the online age, the more appropriate 'pool' seems to be the internet. Expelling such concerns and discontent from me has always had a therapeutic effect on me.

So, this is my blog into which I intend to throw all my gripes about the world, in particular living in the UK in the 21st century. From surfing the internet I often find it useful to know that someone else out there thinks similarly to me. In this time when we as individuals have so little power to affect what happens to us, this is our one chance to get a little bit of power back.

Aside from that it will house my thoughts on other things of interest. I write fiction and now lack a location to post it. I am interested in contemporary and historic Gothic culture, hence opting for this wonderfully dark template.

As I say, I am doing this primarily for my own benefit, but if you find anything of interest post along. A good discussion is always enjoyable. I do adhere to the old fashioned British principle that 'I totally disagree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to express that opinion'. Of course, racist, sexist and generally offensive stuff is out of bounds, I am sure you can find some other environment for that. This pool may be full of lead but more biological poison has no place in it.

No comments: