Friday 18 March 2016

Biscuit Blog: Co-Operative Malted Milk Biscuits

Co-Operative Malted Milk Biscuits

Maybe I will not come close to the creamy flavour that I am searching for in malted milk biscuits until I start buying some brand names rather than 'own brand' varieties from the cheaper supermarkets.  However, I do feel that just because you have a budget you should still be entitled to be able to buy biscuits that taste the way that they should.  With the malted milks, despite the common imagery on the biscuits, it is interesting how different the ones from different shops taste and often, as I have found, how they taste like a different kind of biscuit.  These from the Co-op have a slight hint of the malted milk flavour, but are generally lacking in moreishness.  They are also surprisingly sweet especially when compared to the other malted milks I have been trying recently; from the flavour you would almost expect them to have a glaze.  They break in the mouth in the way you would expect but end up as a rather unsatisfactory sweeter version of a rich tea.  They are not terrible but once more not what I am looking for with a malted milk.

Rating:
*****

2 comments:

Parcel said...

The latest ones (in a Purple packet) are delish.

Try em!

Parcel said...

The latest ones (in a Purple packet) are delish.

Try em!